Join the conversation!

view more posts


view more posts

Introduction to Becoming a Financial Advisor



  • A Financial Advisor can get licensed to provide services and charge a fee by zeroing in on three designations: as an Investment Advisor Representative, Registered Representative or Insurance Producer. Each designation covers different areas of finance and can service a vast array of clients.

  • As the job title implies, a Financial Advisor must be able to make sound recommendations to their clients on how they can best utilize their money while at the researching the marketplace for trends and giving their clients sound advice about products and services available, ensuring they are aware of and understand what best suits their needs and then securing a sale.

  • A Registered Representative, otherwise known as an Account Executive or a General Securities Representative or most commonly a Stockbroker is a professional usually belonging to a brokerage firm and is licensed to buy and/or sell any financial instrument of any kind for both retail and institutional clients, through a stock exchange or over the counter, in return for a fee or commission.